Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Relieve Joint Pain

In 1992 I set my mind on putting 20-30 lbs upon my 6'3" and 155lb frame. After a divorce I wanted to look and feel better about myself. I bought some cheap garage sale weights and got started doing and studying about how to gain weight. The first thing I found was that one must lift heavy in the range of 4-6 reps in order to really pack on muscle. My problem was I couldn't bench 100lbs without my right shoulder hurting. (I was a pitcher in high-school and one year of college) Then I found out that Squats pack on weight over your entire body but my knees would not cooperate with heavy squat workouts.....I had to start somewhere so I started with pushups and knee extensions.
I began a 6-8 week course of lifting light weights and high reps. I improved my diet and got rid of the beer. I ate 6-7 times per day. Breakfast was 2 eggs, 2 biscuits with gravy and two sausage patties, at 10am it was a large tuna sandwich, at lunch it was a cafeteria meal of about 500 calories, then at 2pm I ate another tuna fish sandwich. I got off work at 4:30 and usually did my weight training as soon as I arrived home and changed clothes. During my workout I drank a 500 calorie drink and then I ate supper at about 7pm. I gained 3 measley pounds of weight per month eating like this and gradually adding weight to my workouts. I did not become a hulk but I did gain 18 pounds in 6 months. In a year's time I weighed 192lbs and I now weigh 220lbs and maintain a 35" waist. Not exactly Mathew McConaughey with my ab section but no beer belly. The point is...I started at 36 years old and have maintained some exercise activity since then and my joints are in better shape than when I started. It was painful when I started. I just pushed through it. My desire to gain weight was bigger than the pain and the pain....was really formed through my previous....INACTIVITY.
So follow my lead. Doctors are quick to say "arthritic" Arthritis etc.....Try light exercise before you succumb to the doctor's diagnosis. His remedy assumes you are not going to rehab yourself.
Get moving....for stiff knees sit in a chair and lift your feet parrallel to the floor 50 times each. Then lay on your stomach and raise your feet to perpendicular to the floor 50 times. Then stand up and raise up on your toes 50-100 times. This is your beginning workout to stabilize your knee area.

Do the same with your stiff shoulders. Hold your hands out like you're hanging on a cross. Make small clockwise circles for 50 reps. Then go CCW for 50 reps. You'll pump more blood to your shoulder and stuff starts to repair when there's extra blood to go around.
If you can do pushups....do them. If you can do lunges....do them. Work up to doing three sets of 50 reps for each and you are in pretty good condition. Add 1 rep per day and you'll be there in two months with a few skipped days in there.
For a boost in relieving joint pain, try Purity Products HA Formula. This product really works to lubricate and renew the joint areas of your body. You can click right here.... Purity Products
to order yours right now. I did my rehab without it at 36 years old but when I approached 50, I figured I needed some precautionary help. I can still play long-toss baseball and throw a football long distance. I can still run and my job requires a ton of walking.
By the way....I discovered the best exercise there is ...........It is .....the exercise that you will DO 3-5 times per week. Get busy, get active...make yourself tired...make yourself sweat....your body was built for work and self cleansing. It was not intended to sit all day...otherwise God would have engineered a seat cushion on your butt. Working out and making yourself tired creates increased energy the next day. Your body adapts to required work loads.
Go-Fight-Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment